This week we took part in Sports Day with Year 3. Even the teachers ran a race!
Everyone cheered for each other and was very supportive, well done to BLUE team for winning!
In Maths, we have been challenging ourselves with decimals, learning how to regroup tenths and hundredths in addition equations.
In English, we developed a new character for our story inspired by The Explorer, by Katherine Rundell. We also explored blurbs from different books and their role in encouraging readers to read. We then wrote our own version for the stories we will be writing next week.
In science, we explored how water travels through plants. We are excited to explore our results next week.
On Monday, we will have a special assembly with a BMX Champion about growth mindset.
Learning Conversations are taking place online on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Eglish: We continue with our text focus The Explorer by Katherine Rundell. We will be looking at how to develop a plot.
- Maths: We will be adding decimals using column addition. https://teachers.thenational.academy/lessons/adding-decimals-70t62r
- Handwriting & Spelling: Our handwriting focus is writing words with x and z. Our spelling words are:zigzag, zoologist, prize, exercise, experiment, extreme.
- Topic: Locating the rainforests in the world.
PE Focus: we are learning how to be creative with our movements and practising our sending and receiving skills: https://real.jasmineactive.com/home/funs/sending-and-receiving/skill/sending-and-receiving
CHILDREN MUST BRING IN HATS AND WATER BOTTLES. IT IS ALSO IMPORTANT THEY HAVE THEIR PE KITS IN FOR PE LESSONS.
- Amazon: PE on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Nile: PE on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Thames: PE on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Children in KS2 may bring in a healthy snack that contains no nuts.