We have reached the end of a wonderful Spring term. This term has been jam-packed with dance, art, hockey, Spanish, scientist visits, author workshops and many other fun activities. We were so glad to finish off the term with our Around the World event which all of the children hugely enjoyed organising and running.
Our Around the World event was the highlight of our week, with each class taking responsibility for a stall. In Year 4 we had Chai Tea making, Spanish lessons and Scavenger hunts. The children spent Monday preparing for the event; creating resources, signs and assigning roles to each team member to ensure smooth running on the day. On Tuesday morning, all of Year 3 and 4 had a dance dress rehearsal in front of siblings and all of reception and then we had the main event on Tuesday afternoon. Despite the rain, a great time was had by all and more importantly the children managed to raise over £700 for the Cambridge Refugee Resettlement Campaign.
This week the children also had an RE morning where we explored forgiveness in the context of Christianity and the teachings of Jesus. As part of this, we explored The Last Supper and Easter story and Jesus’ forgiveness of others within these. To finish, the children considered how these stories have led to Christians beliefs around the importance of forgiveness.
To complete the term, each class had a morning of activities on Thursday. This included, chai tea making, film watching, playing board games and publishing their portal stories.
We hope you all have a lovely Easter Break and look forward to seeing you all again in the Summer term.
- Next term in Guided reading, we will be reading ‘Stig of the Dump’.
- Our next topic is Shadow Play. For this topic, the children will be making a shadow puppet theatre as part of their design and technology unit. Please could I ask that over the Easter holidays you collect any boxes the children could use for this? The ideal size would be a medium-size Amazon cardboard box. Thank you in advance for your support in this.
- At the beginning of June, the children will be taking part in the year 4 multiplication check. Due to COVID, they will be the first cohort in the country to complete this. Please see a link here for more information about this: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/multiplication-tables-check-information-for-parents . Over the Easter break, it would be great in the children could continue their practice of times tables. They can use TTRS to do this and if they go on ‘Soundcheck’ this is a great example of what the multiplication check is like for them. Alternatively, they could use this link to practice : https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/477/Multiplication-Tables-Check
- If you would like an Easter PE challenge, you could have a go at the blast off challenge: Home PE Blast Off
- The final letter has gone out for our Caythorpe trip. Please ask any of the Year 4 teachers if you have any questions about this.
- Term will start again on Wednesday 20th April. Tuesday 19th April is an INSET day.